Into film, into you.

Three weeks ago, I started using film-- and probably the best decision I've ever made. Here's why. In the age of digital photog...

Three weeks ago, I started using film-- and probably the best decision I've ever made. Here's why.

In the age of digital photography and what seems to be the only consistent thing happening ever since who knows when-- a world full of constant change, this girl, typing in my-usual-not so-lady-like favorite sitting position (changing every 10 minutes or until I can no longer stay in the same position), recently started shooting film. I could make this post longer, I mean I can, and Im willing to- but I don't wanna beat around the bush (this time i'll try, i promise), so maybe taking a few minutes of your time(for your cooperation) would be necessary... or not. 

You send your film off to get developed, you have those ideas, ideas of frames that you took, frames you remember taking and hoping you nail that shot. Sure, disappointments and screw ups will come along the way, but with film photography, you just got to learn to be more appreciative, even after not getting the shot you had hoped for. I guess, its the grain-look in the pictures, or maybe it could be the feels I get from looking at it. If you know me well, you'd probably say its the latter, and maybe you're right. The same feeling I get in every frame, its trapped, that feeling, that moment, straight right in the negative. I always find myself searching -- to the point where I sometimes stress myself out finding balance and consistency. Times when Im absolutely sure about something, I hold onto it. But Id lie if I say that I don't regret not holding onto a record of wrongs. "Wrong" may not be entirely accurate (could be coz Im still in denial), but if I put a lot of words into the thought instead of just using the word "wrong",  Its the things that I know I was sure of, just never took the risk, never had the courage to take that "leap of faith". And I know in the end, I got nobody to blame but myself, but if theres someway-- someway I can undo all the things I've done, all the feelings I felt, and all the decisions I've made, I'd definitely press the "wrong" button and let it play. *dramatically throws the controller*.

Personal shenanigans aside, hope you like the photos. <3
Love always, Ena.

P.S I know for sure I did the right thing keeping the film with me.




You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I'm into you.
    PEtra xx http://90suniverse.weebly.com/

    ReplyDelete